Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Trio is generally used in any of the following ways:
- A group of three musicians playing the same or different musical instrument.
- The performance of a piece of music by three people.
- The contrasting section of a piece in ternary form
- The contrasting section of a march and similar forms, which usually opens at the third strain.
- Piano trio (piano, violin, cello)
- String trio (violin, viola, cello)
- Jazz trio (piano, bass, drum kit)
- Clarinet-violin-piano trio (clarinet, violin, piano)
- Power trio (electric guitar, bass guitar, drum kit)
- Harmonica trio (chromatic harmonica, bass harmonica, chord harmonica)
- Horn trio (violin, horn, and piano)
|This article related to classical music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|