Rondellus is also an Estonian musical ensemble. After recording several albums of early music on period instruments they recorded Sabbatum: Medieval Tribute to Black Sabbath in the same style having translated the vocals to Latin. ("War Pigs" = "Verres Militares") Instrumentation: vocals, hurdy-gurdy, organistrum, lute, percussion, fiddle, and harp.
Though the American Classical League claims, "Metal fans will undoubtedly appreciate Sabbatum," AllMusic claims, "Black Sabbath fans are unlikely to dig music as extremely mellow as this, though the album could serve as okay background music for yoga or a massage."
- Rondellus (1995)
- Carmina Sanctorium (1998)
- Sabbatum: Medieval Tribute to Black Sabbath (2003)
- ^ a b "Rondellus", AllMusic.com.
- Kick, Russell (2004). Book of Lists, p.249. ISBN 9780972952941. "Unusual Band #3."
- Spin (January 2007). Spin, Vol. 23, No. 1, p.40. ISSN 0886-3032.
- American Classical League (2004). The Classical Outlook, Volume 82, Issues 1-4, p.119. American Classical League, New York University.
|This article about a European band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|