Welcome to Wikipedia! Listed below are some brief introductions containing all the basics needed to use, comment on, and contribute to Wikipedia.
- Introduction — What is Wikipedia?
- The Five Pillars — What are the principles behind Wikipedia?
- Policies and guidelines — How does Wikipedia actually work?
- Talk pages — How do I communicate in Wikipedia?
If you want to know more about a specific subject, Help:Help explains how to navigate the help pages.
- If you wish to express an opinion or make a comment, Where to ask questions will point you in the correct direction.
- If you would like to edit an article, the Basic tutorial will show you how, whilst revisiting some of the basic points in the context of editing.
- If you would like to create a new article, Starting an article will explain how to create a new page, with tips for success and a link to Wikipedia's Article Wizard, which can guide you through the process of submitting a new article to Wikipedia.
- For more support and some friendly contacts to get you started, the Editors' Welcome page should be your next stop!