|Born||February 26, 2004|
The Hanselman sextuplets were born at Akron General Medical Center in Akron, Ohio on February 26, 2004, and are the first set of sextuplets to have been born in their state. Their parents, Jennifer and Keith Hanselman, live in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, and had a 4-year-old son at the time that the sextuplets were born. Jennifer, who formerly worked as an advertising copywriter, wrote a book about her experience of becoming a stay-at-home mother to seven young children in 2006, titled Party of Nine: The Triumphs and Traumas of Raising Sextuplets + One (ISBN 978-1424313464).
The Hanselman sextuplets, with their weight at birth, are:
- Isabella Jean - 2 lb 10 oz
- Sophia Ivy - 1 lb 9 oz
- Kyle Allen - 2 lb 6 oz
- Logan James - 2 lb 8 oz
- Alex Edwin - 2 lb 8 oz
- Lucy Arlene - 2 lb 1 oz
The first baby to be sent home was Lucy and the last was Sophia.
- "Woman Pregnant With Sextuplets Set To Give Birth." (February 23, 2004). NewsNet5.com. Retrieved July 5, 2007.
- "Ohio woman gives birth to six babies in one minute." (February 27, 2004). CNN.com. Retrieved July 5, 2007.
- "Sextuplets' Success Story." (March 2, 2005). CBS News. Retrieved June 5, 2007.
- Hale, David."Six plus one." (July 1, 2007). The Albany Herald. Retrieved July 5, 2007.
- Robins, Monica. "Handling the Hanselman sextuplets." (November 9, 2004). WKYC.com. Retrieved July 5, 2007.
- Akron Children's Hospital. (March 2, 2005). "The Hanselman Sextuplets." Retrieved July 5, 2007.
- Schnall, Sharon. "Party of Nine: Life with the Hanselman Sextuplets." (n.d.). Retrieved July 5, 2007.
|This article about an Ohioan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|